1. Hamburger Gravy & Rice is without a doubt the easiest recipe I have in my recipe index. For one thing I can make it with my eyes closed because I’ve been making it since I was around 4. I also like that there is very little cleanup and prep. Cook the rice and then everything else goes into one skillet.
2. Taco’s are a big go to meal when we are at a loss for time. It’s one of the few meals that you can defrost the meat in the freezer and not worry that the ends of the package will cook a little since you are going to crumble it up in the pan. Again, any ground meat will work for this recipe and the great thing is you can use any veggies in the fridge for toppings. It’s a rare day we don’t have flour tortillas in my fridge and pantry.
An awesome thing about taco meat is it’s versatility. Make taco salads or rice bowls with the meat. Leftover meat can be added into chili. So many options.
3. Italian open-faced burgers are a quick change from the usual. The great thing is there is so much flavor in these that you can easily substitute any ground meat in the recipe. I love to make up different flavored burger patties and store them in the freezer. Even if I’m in a hurry, doubling up the recipe so I can freeze the rest just makes sense. Same mess, double the meal.
4. Spaghetti doesn’t to take a long time to cook. While I prefer to let mine simmer a few hours to thicken and for the flavors to meld it’s not necessary. Spaghetti sauce can be completed in under 30 minutes.
5. Salsa burgers are something I love to make a huge batch of and put in the freezer. You can change the flavor immensely with the switch of the salsa you use. The recipe I use is in week 10 of the once a week cooking weekly meal plans.
One great thing about ground meat is you can always find it on sale somewhere. Keep an eye on the clearance section in your meat department for the best deals on chicken and turkey. Buy it up while it’s 50% off and then stock your freezer with some ready to go meals.
What’s your quick ground beef, turkey or chicken recipe?
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.