We have a long history of German’s in our family. That said, I’m not a German food fan. lol I know, kick me as you see fit.
However, my family loves it and I’m happy to oblige. German recipes are easy and I’ve found very few that can’t be added to the slow cooker. They are still very flavorful meals. Seems like they just had other things to do besides spend hours in the kitchen. NO WONDER I associate with my German ancestors! Meal planning and freezer cooking is right up their alley. Get it prepared because there is so much other stuff to get done.
Serve this with some fried red potatoes and onion, plus steamed broccoli for a full, nutritious meal.
- 1 lb. bratwursts, cut in fourths on a diagonal
- 4 tart apples (like Granny Smith) cored, and sliced into 8 wedges each
- 1 (27 oz) can sauerkraut
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup water
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Add ¼ cup water and stir gently.
- Put cover on and let cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
Photo credit: reynolds.james.e
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.