This recipe is a perfect fit for a spring brunch buffet. Light and fresh flavors it’s sure to get raves for your unique cooking. Plus, you can make it ahead.
- 20 to 24 spears fresh asparagus
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peel removed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- dash salt
- 1½ cups cooked brown or long-grain white rice
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 3 (10 inch size) tortillas
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp chopped sweet onion
- Clean asparagus by snapping off the woody ends and washing.
- Put whole asparagus in a steamer basket in 3 inches of water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Take the basket with asparagus out and immediately drop in ice water or run under very cold water; then dump onto rack to fully drain.
- In a small glass bowl, put avocado, lime zest and juice, garlic, and salt and smash with a fork until well combined into a paste.
- In a separate bowl, put the cooked rice and yogurt and mix together well.
- To put together, start by heating the tortillas in a large dry skillet, about 10 to 15 seconds both sides.
- As tortillas are heated, lay each on a plate, and spread mixtures over the center of each tortilla in this order: avocado, rice, cilantro, onion.
- Fold the bottom up, then roll the tortilla closed lengthwise.
- Serve immediately or if desired, refrigerate until needed. Just be sure to cover in plastic wrap and bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Cut each bundle in half to serve.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.