This recipe is a great one to prep ahead and keep the patties in the freezer. This recipe creates 8 burgers and you can easily double or triple it with the same amount of work. Once you form the patties just put them on wax paper on a baking sheet. Put the baking dish in the freezer just until frozen. You can now put them in a large freezer bag or container and pull the burgers out individually to grill.
Home version of flash freezing and so helpful if you end up wanting burgers and there are only two of you for dinner.
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef (or lamb if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Baguettes
- In a large bowl, knead the herbs into the ground beef until well combined. Add the lemon juice, breadcrumbs, egg and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well. Shape the mix into eight patties, round or rectangular. (this is the part you can freeze them for later if you would like)
- Heat up your BBQ. Lightly oil your barbecue grill and cook the burgers until well browned on each side and just cooked through.
- Cut the two baguettes in half, cover with mayo/ketchup, tomato slices, lettuce and the burgers. Cut into sizable sandwiches and enjoy immediately.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.