I like this as a side dish to my creamy chicken enchiladas. My personal taste is to halve the olives but my hubby likes me to leave them whole.
- 8 ounces of black olives, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 18 ounces of picante sauce
- 2 large tomatoes
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- Drain the black olives and pour into a bowl.
- Wash and peel the tomatoes and cut into small bite size pieces. Add them to the bowl.
- Wash and chop the green onions, adding to bowl.
- Pour in the jar of picante sauce and gently stir.
- Add the garlic salt and pour the oil over the top. Toss.
- Cover tightly and marinate overnight.
- Serve straight from the refrigerator with just a little stir.
Photo credit: Itinerant Tightwad
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.