I bet you’ve seen quite a few variations of ghoulish deviled eggs out there. Especially with Pinterest Halloween boards everywhere. But instead of just looking at pictures, create these easy deviled eggs that will creep everyone out.
These deviled eggs are gruesome looking but really taste great and they will be the hit of the party. For the best bloodshot effect serve them within 2 hours of preparation.
- 3 C of hot water
- 2 T red food coloring
- 1 T of white vinegar
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cracked but not peeled
- ⅓ C of mayonnaise
- ¼ C of green onions, chopped fine
- 2 T cilantro, minced
- 2 t Dijon style mustard
- 12 ripe olives, sliced
- 1 t ketchup
- Pour the water into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the food coloring and vinegar and whisk to blend together well.
- Add the eggs and if the water does not completely cover the eggs add more hot water.
- Let the eggs stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half.
- Remove the yolks and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the whites on a platter and set aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, onions, cilantro and mustard and stir until well combined.
- Stuff the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Press 1 slice of the olive into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fill the center ring of each olive slice with a dab of ketchup.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.