This recipe is exclusively for my husband. Even if I could have dairy I wouldn’t touch something with blue cheese. Well I might dip my chicken wings in a little bit of it, but not a recipe that the key ingredient is blue cheese. My hubby can thank me for making him a special appetizer.
The blue cheese apricot bites can be made a day ahead. Just make sure and wrap them well or put them in a sealable container in the fridge.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, Roquefort, or other blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 16 dried apricots
- Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts and sugar to the melted butter.
- Cook and stir them for 2 to 3 minutes or until walnuts are lightly toasted.
- Stir in the rosemary in either fresh or dried.
- Cook and stir the walnuts for 30 seconds more.
- Transfer the nuts to a foil-lined baking sheet and allow them to cool.
- While the walnuts are cooling, combine Gorgonzola and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Beat the cheeses with an electric mixer on medium speed until they are smooth.
- Set apricots on platter.
- Spoon about 3/4 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on top of each dried apricot. Sprinkle the cooled walnuts over the cheese mixture.
- If desired, garnish with additional fresh rosemary and then serve.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.