Any time I can use the excuse to make my favorite hoagie rolls AND use my slow cooker I’m going to jump on it. I especially love recipes that involve shredded meats full of flavor.
This recipe is so very easy. But as you can read, you could easily adapt it so you wouldn’t use the jarred goods or seasoning packets. Create your own salsa and roast up some jalepenos so you get that chipotle bite to it. Then you probably already created your own beef onion soup mix when I posted the recipe earlier. I mean who will ever spend the money on the envelopes again when you can alter the recipe to exactly your taste.
We have a brewery down the road so the flavor can be a changed a lot by going with a different microbrew. OR our friends make their own beer so you can imagine how she could alter a recipe by coming up with specific beer flavors to cook with. The options are pretty limitless and you can make it as easy or as gourmet as you feel up to.
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (3 lb) beef sirloin tip roast, cut in half
- 1 jar (16 oz) chipotle salsa
- ½ cup beer
- 1 envelope beef onion soup mix
- 8 to 10 kaiser or other hard rolls
- Put the onion in your crockpot and add roast.
- In separate bowl, put the salsa, beer, and onion soup mix, and stir together, then immediately pour over beef in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Remove beef to platter and shred by pulling apart with two forks; then return shredded beef to slow cooker. Stir and allow to reheat. Serve on hearty rolls. Makes 8 to 10 sandwiches.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.