I’m super ready to make cookies and candies for Christmas. The daughter and I have been looking for new recipes to try. Peppermint bark popped up on the must make list but I want to take it to another level.
This recipe is really easy to make and inexpensive as well. With the white and dark chocolate, it has a little something for everyone.
There are three ingredients and cooking happens in the microwave. Even kids can make this while you are working on other recipes. Little one’s would be proud to make it themselves and give it out as gifts.
- 1 pound dark chocolate
- 1 pound white chocolate
- 30 small peppermint candy canes
- Put candy canes in a large freezer bag. Using a rolling pin break the candy canes into different size pieces.
- Line a 9X9X9 baking pan with heavy aluminum foil.
- Put dark chocolate in a microwave bowl and heat on high 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a different microwave safe bowl, do the same with white chocolate.
- Place half the crushed candy canes in a strainer and shake small crumbs into dark chocolate.
- Place the remaining crushed candy into strainer and shake crumbs into white chocolate.
- Spread dark chocolate out into bottom of pan.
- Spread white chocolate over the dark chocolate in pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When hardened pull aluminum foil out of baking pan.
- Break up pieces of candy by dropping the aluminum foil straight down on the counter.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.