- 10 lbs. of apples, cut in half
- 2½ C of sugar
- Prepare the canning jars, lids and seals according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the apples, with peels and core, into a 12 qt. pan with enough water to cover just the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain into a sieve pushing the apples through to remove any seeds and peeling.
- Place the apple pulp back into the pan and pour the sugar over the top.
- Stirring frequently bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from the heat and quickly ladle the applesauce into the prepared canning jars leaving a ½ inch headspace.
- Release any air bubbles with a non-metalic spatula, running it around the inside of the jar between jar and food.
- Wipe the jar rims clean.
- Tighten the caps with your hands.
- Place in a water bath canner and process for 20 minutes from the boiling point.
- Remove carefully and cool in a draft free area.
- Check the seals and promptly refrigerate any jars that did not seal correctly and use them within 2 weeks.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.