No crock pot month would be complete without some kind of a cheesy dish. While I can’t partake in it, I know it’s a big hit with family and friends. I’m on the look out for some ways to create a nacho cheese sauce that rivals the real stuff. Then I could come up with a cheese soup base that I could eat as well. Baby steps.
This recipe is a great one to start playing with. Turn it into more of a breakfast or brunch dish by taking out the chicken and adding more ham. Spice it up with some diced green chilies or if you like it spicier then think about using a chunky salsa instead of the diced tomatoes.
- 1½ lbs. chicken pieces
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 package frozen diced potatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Cheddar cheese soup, condensed
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Brown chicken pieces in heavy skillet with a little oil.
- Arrange chicken in crock pot then put ham over chicken.
- Add frozen diced potatoes over meat.
- In a bowl mix together the soup, tomatoes, and water, then pour evenly in slow cooker.
- Set crock pot to Low and cook covered for 6 to 7 hours or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.