- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 4 6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 cups 1/2" thick diagonally sliced peeled carrots
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes or until nice and brown on one side. Turn over and place the pan in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160 degrees. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, while chicken cooks, arrange carrots in vegetable steamer. Steam for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from steamer and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. and 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add shallots and thyme and saute for one minute. Add wine. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook 5-7 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Reduce heat to low. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, stirring constantly until butter melts. Remove from heat and add last 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, parsley and lemon juice. Whisk together. Divide carrots onto 4 plates, top with chicken and drizzle with sauce.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.