We love wings around here. Plus we also love chicken marinades and those work for wings or low-fat chicken breasts. Yes, I say that because I have a wrestler cutting weight and I have my IBS issues. Both of us can’t do greasy-fried wings but we still want the flavor darn it! So just use 3lbs of your favorite chicken meat. Double the recipe and toss some in the freezer for later.
This makes a full meal when served alongside potato salad or another hearty side dishes. Normally potato salad is a Summer dish but I’m here to break us out of that routine. We love our summer salads so any excuse to bring it into the Winter is a good one. lol
- 3 lb. chicken drummies (drumstick looking part of wings)
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put drummies on broiler pan and sprinkle wings with salt and pepper.
- Cook under the broiler for about 15 minutes or until browned, flipping over once.
- Put browned chicken drummies in slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, marinara, and oil, then pour over drummies.
- Cover slow cooker and turn heat to LOW and Cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker to platter and serve hot.
Photo credit: Perry Marco
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.