While ground beef is a common ingredient used to stuff lasagna, there are plenty of other fillings a cook may choose, including vegetables and the ever-popular chicken breast.
3 pounds of chicken breasts
4 cups of water
3 celery stalks
1 onion (cut in quarters)
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon of garlic salt
Green onions (chopped)
8 ounces of lasagna noodles
2 cups of grated Colby cheese
2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
Salt (to taste)
1. Place the chicken breasts in a large saucepan with the water, salt, celery, and onion.
2. Cook the chicken for 45 minutes or until done.
3. Cool the chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. At this point, save the broth and set aside.
4. Combine the chicken soup with the sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, green onions, and garlic salt.
5. Add the cut-up chicken.
6. Cook the lasagna noodle in the reserve chicken broth until tender.
7. Prepare the lasagna in a buttered 9×13 baking pan by layering noodles, chicken sauce, and grated cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and freeze. Defrost for at least 24 hours before cooking.8. Bake the lasagna covered for 30 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted and browning at edges.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.