Well I will come right out and let you know that this recipe is for my family. I’m not a fan of chipotle and this one definitely uses it to the extreme in my opinion. But the other flavors are good and they combine well.
All the ingredients should be found at your local grocery store. You may need to go down the ethnic aisle and dig for the adobo sauce with peppers but I know that all our stores carry them in the area.
Makes enough for 8 people so freeze unused soup into lunch portions or a full meal for later. Reheats in the microwave or stovetop quickly.
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz size) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14 oz size) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, removed from sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from chipotle pepper jar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- sour cream for garnish
- In a Dutch oven on medium-low heat, saute onion in oil until onions become transparent.
- Stir in garlic and cook for just ½ minute.
- Now add the next 8 ingredients.
- Slowly bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer slowly, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in your cut up chicken and let heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve in big bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.