This makes a great topper for rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. I love a recipe that’s so versatile.
4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 lb. lean beef, cut into 1/2 in pieces
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 C of red wine
2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes, chopped
4 bay leaves
1/8 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Place the oil in a saucepan and heat up over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, stir in the onions and cook for a couple of minutes until soft.
3. Stir in the beef and stirring often cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. Add in the garlic and stirring constantly cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
8. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Transfer to freezer containers or freezer baggies and freeze for up to 6 months.
To reheat, defrost in the refrigerator and heat on low in a saucepan until heated through.
Makes 8 servings
Preparation Time: approximately 20 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 41 minutes
Total Time: approximately 1 hour 1 minute
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.