I have a lot going on this month with both kids in sports. Judging by how the end of March went, I know there’s not much time for cooking. As some of you saw on FB, I spent half of Thursday cooking. It did spill over into Friday as I didn’t end up having the full day to get all the meals prepped on Thursday. But the beauty of it was I still spent less than 9 hours and now have 25 meals in the freezer.
It was a lot of work but I enjoyed the heck out of it. It’s gotten much easier now that the family has some favorites for me to pull from. Although it led to me tweaking recipes so I’ll be updating some of the weekly meal plans soon with some fun little additions. I can never leave a recipe alone. lol But that’s only for the better for my once a week cooking club members 🙂
So what’s on our menu for April?
- Chili (still had one meal in freezer from couple weeks ago cooking spree)
- Veggie Stuffed Shells (on week 2’s menu plan)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (on week 14’s menu plan)
- Whole Roasted Chicken (we’ll roast it on cooking day and this will become 2 meals, LOVE our Ronco Rotisserie that cooks it in 90 minutes)
- Steak Fajitas
- Veggie Beef Soup
- Moroccan Burgers (on week 15’s menu plan) These were a quick favorite in our house and even when I use 93/7 ground beef they stay together nicely.
- Mexican Lasagna (on week 14’s menu plan)
- Cowboy Bake (on week 16’s menu plan) I have to limit the kids on this one or they seriously over eat it lol
- Cashew Chicken ( on week 10’s menu plan)
- Salsa Turkey Burgers (working on this recipe, hope we like it)
- Garlic Mustard Chicken (on week 16’s menu plan)
I worked hard at making sure we used up some odds-n-ends still in the freezer last week. I knew I was going to be doing a major cooking so I wanted plenty of room to store. I also planned cooking meals around using up some of the condiments in the fridge and ingredients in the pantry.
Since we are starting to get some sun here and there I planned a few meals that can go on the grill. There have been some months I’ve made the mistake of NOT planning meals for the grill and then we end up at the grocery store. That doesn’t help as much as I’d like.
I’m getting close to perfecting a few OAMC plans and then I’ll get them listed. Have to work on videos to go with them. Speaking of videos, I’ve found some good one’s I’ll start posting this week.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.