This recipe is super easy even the kids can do it. While it’s not the healthiest of options, and it’s not as easy to adapt to be healthier, sometimes we just want to get warm food in their bellies without a lot of effort!
This is a great go-to for super busy days. Throw everything in the crock the night before and store in your fridge. As soon as you get up in the morning take the crock out of the fridge and let it sit while you enjoy your coffee. Turn it on and head out the door! You’ll get to come home to delicious, yummy soup. Of course if you have some crusty french bread in the freezer then get that reheated in the oven! Maybe cut it up and make some garlic toast if you are feeling energetic. I always have to dunk bread in my soups, stews and chowders. Of course, anyone who knows me knows I’m a breadaholic.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes with onions and pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) creamed corn, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) cream celery soup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Put sausage and potatoes in crockpot.
- In separate bowl, combine the creamed corn, celery soup, water, salt, and pepper, then pour into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.