I’ve been looking for recipes for snacks that will be a little more filling AND use some of the products that are on such good sales during the summer. I love corndogs but I can’t have fried foods. THIS solves my craving! Plus this recipe is so easy. You can make a few batches for the freezer. It keeps very well for a couple of months in the freezer.
- 2 small packages cornbread mix
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅔ water or milk (depends on what the mix called to use, some mixes have dehydrated milk in them already)
- 6 hot dogs cut in half lengthwise and then diced into small bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium size bowl beat egg and water together.
- Pour in cornbread mixes and brown sugar.
- Mix well so dry ingredients are moistened. This will make a very thick batter.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake holders.
- Fill bottom of muffin cup with batter.
- Place 4-5 pieces of hot dog in batter, try to get a little batter between bits of the meat. Repeat.
- Bake 14-17 minutes.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.