The sauce is thick so be careful of over cooking and having it burn on the bottom. If you want it to be a little more saucier just add another 1/4-1/2 cup cran-apple juice.
Of course you can make the recipe even better if you use homemade meatballs. Since the sauce is quite mild and sweet you can add spicy meatballs and have a nice contrast of flavors.
- 1 can (14 oz size) whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup cran-apple juice
- 1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
- 1 bag (28 oz) frozen unflavored meatballs, thawed
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put whole cranberry sauce in food processor and pulse until blended smooth.
- Pour the blended cranberry sauce, cran-apple juice, and chili sauce in slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs and cook for approximately 2 hours or until hot.
- During this time, stir a few times to keep an eye on it and keep the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When stirring be careful not to break the meatballs. I tend to do more of a gentle toss than a stir.
- Just before serving, add parsley and stir together.
- Serve from slow cooker or remove to a shallow bowl and serve with big toothpicks for appetizers.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.