Set a bowl of this dip out with a fruit tray full of grapes, pineapple, apples and just about any kind of fruit you can think of. If you want to go crazy and aren’t thinking low carb then set out the shortbread cookies and graham crackers for dipping.
This dip also makes a great snack for when the kids get home and you are trying to get them to have a healthy option. Who doesn’t want a sweet dip?
- 1 (8 oz) package spreadable cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- confectioner's sugar to taste
- Put cream cheese and pumpkin puree in a bowl and, with a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended, tasting for sugar and adding only what is needed.
- Serve with fruit pieces for a healthier, sweet snack. Controlling the sugar amount keeps this snack lower in carbs.
- Makes 2 cups but can be doubled, or more.
Image credit to Don Harder on Flickr
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.