I’ve had a few friends lately that are looking for crock pot recipes that are easy. When I say easy, I mean super easy. 3-5 kids running in different directions and a husband that’s home late from work or working 24-48 hour shifts at a time, I’m talkin’ that easy to put together lol
While I’m not a huge fan of opening cans and mixing, keeping your sanity is much more important. This recipe is easy, barely any prep and of course the best thing is it’s all in the crock pot. It will be done in the evening whenever the crew needs to eat.
If you plan on using a crock pot and are not sure what time you will be home, I highly recommend using a digital one like the Set ‘n Forget Slow Cooker. Most digital crock pots will switch to warm when the cooking time is done. An hour or more on high than you planned and it’s really easy to ruin dinner.
Most crock pot recipes can be made the night before. I know the last thing you want to do at the end of the night is think about tomorrows dinner, but it will save you so much time. There’s no worry about dinner at all. Before you leave the house, you get the crock out of the fridge and place it in the cooker. Set it and literally forget it.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed small
- 1 can (28 oz) peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 pkt (2 oz) dry onion soup mix
- 1 box (26 oz) beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, the larger the cut the better
- In large skillet, brown beef, then put in crockpot. This should only take 5-8 minutes and you can do it the night before.
- Add all remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Set crock pot heat on LOW, cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.