This is a refreshing addition to bbq shredded chicken sandwiches. Or add it to your fish tacos!
I make coleslaw quite a bit because it can be used on so many different foods. Or at least I like it on tons of foods. I also like to add it to my sandwiches. It takes the place of using condiments at times and also gives a good texture.
- 3 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups finely shredded red or green cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded if seeds are too big, grated
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl, toss together the celery and cabbage; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make dressing by first grating the cleaned cucumber into a strainer placed over a bowl, then pressing grated cucumber lightly with the back of a large spoon to squeeze out excess liquid; discard liquid.
- Dump cucumber out of strainer and into a clean bowl, and add the yogurt, sugar, and mint, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the dressing over the celery and cabbage mixture and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate if necessary for up to 1 hour. The salad will tend to get watery if you keep it any longer than that.
- Toss again just before serving.
- Makes about 4 to 6 servings as a side salad.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.