I’m glad I branched out. Hubby grew up having apple sauce served with pork chops which to me is odd. I figured I’d give this take on pork chops and apple sauce a try. Quite different and a really yummy change up.
- 2 lbs pork stew meat, cubed
- 2 TBSP frying oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 TBSP curry powder
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- hot cooked rice to serve
- In skillet, brown pork stew meat in hot oil, then put pork in crockpot and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix water and curry powder and pour into same skillet, stirring to combine and loosen bits in bottom.
- Add apple and onion to crockpot and pour mixture from skillet over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until pork is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.