Now I’m not one for wasting wine in my food but this one is worth it. Plus, I’m not a dry white wine gal. I prefer something sweet like reisling or pinot grigio if I’m drinking white. I can buy a good dry white wine for cooking and not feel cheated. Bottle for cooking, bottle for me!
As I’ve been going through my recipes for this month I’m finding a funny trend. Many recipes with only 4 or 5 ingredients. I don’t count salt, pepper or water as an ingredient as they are in just about every dish.
For this recipe I like to keep the onions larger. You can cut them into big chunks or just half the onion and slice it into half circles. If you dice the onions too small they will just disappear in the dish.
Serve this with rice or quinoa and steamed veggies.
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then brown in oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Place browned chicken in crockpot.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and saute over medium high heat until browned slightly.
- Add wine to skillet and scrape browned bits from bottom.
- Pour mushroom-wine mixture over chicken in crockpot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.