Nothing like a last minute party thrown together. No one’s really going to care if the food is gourmet when there’s been no time to plan. But this easy cheese ball is made from items you probably already have in your kitchen.
Toss it together and throw it in the fridge to set. All of a sudden your unexpected guests will think you originally did plan to have company.
Again, this appetizer recipe can be made a day ahead. Then you just need to remember to set it out for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp finely grated sweet onion
- ½ cup crushed pecans or other nuts
- In a large bowl, put all the ingredients (except nuts) and smash with a fork or a pastry cutter until well blended.
- Roll the mixture into a ball (or into two smaller balls) then roll in the nuts and pat down to make sure they stick.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for an hour so flavors blend.
- Remove about 15 to 20 minutes before serving so it softens just enough to make it easier to spread. You don't want it to get warm, just a bit softer.
- Serve on a platter with crackers or fresh vegetables, and put a cheese knife alongside.
I believe I Can Fry via Flickr
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.