If you want to freeze this recipe, cook the vegetables until they are just half way done. Then you can put it in freezer bags or containers, let it cool, seal and freeze for a couple of months. There is a lot of moisture in it so for best results I wouldn’t freeze it for longer than a month. When you finish the cooking, then you would add the cheese just as the directions say below.
If you serve this as a side dish it should serve 6-8.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped small
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced small
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. I prefer my cast iron pan for this recipe.
- Add eggplant and oil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant starts to soften.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the Parmesan cheese, stir gently, and continue cooking until all vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top evenly and cook just until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.