This recipe is very affordable and super quick to toss together. If you have leftovers then toss it on to your turkey sandwich. Toast crusty french rolls and turkey and this slaw, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Because of the different flavors it’s great for taking to a family or friends dinner. Just toss the ingredients together right before you leave and let the flavors marry while you are commuting to their house. Make sure and stir it before putting it in their fridge. Or you can add the dressing when you get to their house if you know you won’t be eating for a while. This recipe can get a little soggy if you let it sit for longer than a couple of hours because the water in the broccoli will start to mix with the dressing.
- 2 (12 oz each) bags broccoli coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mustard vinegrette or balsamic vinegrette dressing
- 1 (8 oz) package dried cranberries
- 2 cups pistachio nuts, chopped slightly
- salt and pepper
- Pour both bags of broccoli slaw in a large salad bowl, add dressing, and stir to coat well.
- Add the dried sweetened cranberries and pistachio nuts, toss to combine, taste and salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so flavors blend.
- Stir to get dressing from bottom of bowl before serving. You may need to add a little more dressing depending on your taste.
- Serve cold.
image credit: meddygarnet
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.