Why go with just the same old mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes? Add something new to the meal and mash up some yummy cauliflower. If you’re kids are young you’ll be introducing them to a new food before they can decide they don’t like it.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp chicken base or bouillon (or 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- chives and butter for garnish (optional)
- Clean and wash cauliflower, then cut into even size small pieces.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, drop cauliflower pieces in and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well, then dump onto a surface covered in paper towels to remove any leftover moisture; do not let cool off.
- Put warm cauliflower in food processor and add the remaining ingredients (except garnish) and pulse process until blended well and has the consistency of mashed potatoes. Don't over blend; leave some lumps, or the "potatoes" will start to get runny.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chives and pats of butter.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.