But the hubby loves them. He was getting them at a little saloon we frequented but they would be out often. Figured we’d make them ourselves. Should have done that a long time ago! So easy and so many different recipes.
This one is a little more festive and different. Would be great to give as a gift for that friend or family member that loves pickled stuff.
- 16 ounce jar of beets
- 1 ¾ cups of white vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of whole allspice
- 1 stick of cinnamon, halved
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- Put the eggs into a quart jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Keeping the juice, drain the beets and store them for another use.
- In a saucepan, combine the beet juice with the spices, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot liquid over the eggs and tightly screw on the lid.
- Let the jar sit on the counter until it cools and then refrigerate.
- Flavors will blend within several hours and eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.