Growing up we made popsicles a lot. Nothing fancy, typically just used leftover juice at the end of the day. Once a year we’d be lucky and my mom would be juicing grapes. Fresh grape juice makes incredible popsicles. But I digress.
Even when the kids were little I made popsicles just because it was so easy. Over the years those popsicle containers got chewed on by little teeth and lost. For some reason I didn’t replace them. Problem rectified. With how many cool popsicle ideas there are now and how expensive the “fancy” one’s are becoming it’s very cost effective to make them.
I also love having a new idea for using that last yogurt in the back of the fridge that is about to hit the pull date. You can easily mix other yogurt flavors with the mango. If you don’t have molds and want to make these asap, just use ice cube trays. Fill the trays and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Poke toothpicks into each cube and freeze. They will be small of course and not as safe for small kids, but you’ll get the treat while you wait to get your popsicle molds in. 😉
- 2 cups low fat mango yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups fresh mango, cut into small chunks
- 8 Popsicle molds
- Combine the mango yogurt, lemon juice, corn syrup, sugar and 1 cup of mango chunks in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining cup of mango and pulse until the yogurt mixture is smooth, but still has some small mango chunks left.
- Pour the mixture into the Popsicle molds, cover with the tops and plastic or wooden Popsicle sticks. Place into the freezer until thoroughly frozen.
Helpful items for recipe:
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.