This recipe will take some set up time. I suggest you start making it at least 24 hours before you plan on serving. Nothing worse than not having enough set up time for your frozen treats.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 – 10 ounce pkg. butter mints
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 pkg. chocolate wafers or 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Pour whipped cream over mints and allow them to soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, crush the cookies into crumbs and separate out about ½ cup.(do not mix this with the butter)
- Stir the melted butter into the crumbs.
- Press the crumb and butter mixture into the bottom of a 9x12 inch glass pan.
- Whip the cream and mint mixture then fold in the chopped pecans and green food coloring to reach the shade of green you’d like.
- Spread the mint mixture over the crushed cookie crumb crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie crumbs over the top.
- Freeze for several hours and then cut into squares.
- Serve frozen. You may also add fresh mint sprigs as a garnish.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.