It’s hot and there is nothing more refreshing than homemade lemonade. You can also use this recipe to make popsicles. I love to throw some fresh fruit into the popsicle molds and then pour the juice in.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water
- Start by making a 'simple syrup'. Combine the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan, heat to boiling, then turn down and simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture looks 'syrupy.'
- Squeeze enough lemons to get 1 cup of juice (about 6 or so should do it.)
- Pour the juice in a pitcher and add the syrup.
- Pour in 3 cups cold water, taste and pour if more if desired.
- Put in refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Pour over ice. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.