Hustle bustle go, go, go! Wow, I sure was ready for a nice relaxing easy meal after the busy holidays. It seems like no matter how much downtime we plan, something comes up during this busy time of the year and we are constantly on the run. Take that and add all the great holiday food we have enjoyed and boy oh boy … I needed a break. This tasty dish was just what we needed! Very light and super easy to put together. You will be amazed at how super tender this chicken turns out. This is sure to become one of your favorite go to dishes. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms or substitute thick cut pork chops. Change it up and make it your own.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2 lbs. or so)
- 12 oz package of fresh green beans, trimmed (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 lbs. diced baby red potatoes (4-5 cups)
- 1-1/2 fresh squeezed lemons (you need about ⅓ cup fresh juice... DO NOT USE SQUEEZE BOTTLE! It will be bitter)
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbls. Pampered Chef 3 Onion Rub or ¼ tsp. onion powder plus ½ tsp. dried minced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- This is best prepared in a 4-6 quart oval crock pot.
- Place the chicken in the center of the crock pot. Add the green beans to one side of the chicken and the diced potatoes on the other side.
- Whisk together the fresh lemon juice, EVOO, oregano, salt, pepper, 3 onion rub or onion powder and minced, and garlic in a 1 cup bowl.
- Drizzle this mixture evenly over the chicken, beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours - NO PEEKING!
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.