Here we go on the summer type recipes. Off to the grill which is one of my favorite places to be. I don’t personally do much of the grilling but I think it’s 50/50 on who does the prep work for the food before the grill. Hubby likes to try new recipes and make things up as well.
Today’s Cook Easy Foodie Blogger challenge topic is a 5 ingredient recipe. I love recipes that can keep it simple. Generally the recipes with few ingredients are also going to be foods you have in your pantry and fridge already. Making it easy to whip up at the spur of the moment if you need to. Plus with fewer ingredients, it’s definitely more affordable.
These portabello’s can be served as a sandwich, on a salad or over a dish of couscous pilaf. Just grill up some other vegetables to serve on the side with the pilaf and you have a pretty gourmet looking meal.
This quick marinade would be great on fish or chicken also 😉
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb portabello mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set up grill to medium heat and allow to preheat while preparing the mushrooms.
- Whisk lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Lay the portabello mushrooms out in a glass baking dish and drizzle the mixture over, coating all mushrooms well. Use your fingers to move the mushrooms around to ensure they are coated all over.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Put mushrooms on grill grate, cover grill, and cook for 5 minutes, carefully turn, and cook for 5 minutes longer, just until you have nice grill marks and the mushrooms are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Yields four servings.
I’d love to have you join us. Do you have a 5 ingredient recipe to share? What foodie post did you put up today?
Image credi woodleywonderworks
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.