Skirt steak is one of those meats that you can generally find for inexpensively. Or it can be found in the clearance section of your meat dept. I love to shop in the mornings and snag meats for 30-50% off!
Every time I’ve frozen skirt steak recipes it’s worked out really well. The meat is thinner so the marinade really penetrates. I love freezing marinated meats. You can quickly load the freezer full of meats with very little effort. Most of us have all the ingredients in our pantry for this marinade. It’s just a matter of mixing up the marinade in freezer baggies and adding the meat. Seal and freeze. Easily double, triple or quadruple this recipe.
Add a side salad and grilled vegetables and you are done. I love grilling!
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Put the balsamic, Worcestershire, brown sugar, and garlic in a large freezer bag. Massage the bag to mix the ingredients well.
- Add the skirt steak to the marinade and coat the meat.
- Seal bag and freeze. Try to get as much air out as possible so the bag will lay flat.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat and oil the grate or prepare a grilling pan for the steak.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Place steak on grill, close lid, and cook for just 3 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Remove steak from grill and let the steak stand at room temperature for 5 minutes; cover loosely with a foil tent, but do not close tight.
- Cut steaks into very thin slices on the diagonal and serve immediately.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.