This recipe is great for last minute BBQ’s. It’s very quick to put together and will taste like you slaved. Much cooler than the burger and hot dog standy. Even better we’re going to put it together in foil packets so there aren’t dishes to wash.
Toss a green salad together and throw some rice in the cooker. Using the rice cooker will keep the house from warming up as well.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- 4 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Set your grill to medium-high heat and preheat.
- Put tenderloin on grill, cover grill, and cook for 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and let rest on cutting board while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Clean the red bell pepper and cut into thin strips.
- Wash and trim the onions and cut each lengthwise in half.
- In a bowl whisk together the Teriyaki, ginger root, and olive oil.
- Cut the tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick slices, and separate into 4 equal portions.
- Place four large aluminum foil squares on a work surface.
- Arrange 1/4 of the pork on each square, then cover with 1/4 of the red bell peppers and 1/4 of the onion.
- Carefully pour the Teriyaki mixture over the meat and veggies and fold and seal the aluminum foil tight. Teriyaki is quite salty so you may not need to salt the mixture, but taste and decide.
- Place the 4 packets on the medium-high heat grill, cover and allow to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until hot and steaming. Spin around once during this cooking time.
- Remove and let rest for 3 minutes before opening.
Photo credit: bcmom
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.