I love finding new recipes that are simple. I mean, “Why didn’t I think of that?” This recipe is a combination of many items you already have in your pantry and fridge. Mix it up a little with different nuts and dried fruit you have in your cupboard.
There is very little chopping involved. This is a great recipe to get the family helping with. Older kids can do the entire recipe while little one’s can add in most of the ingredients and gently stir.
- 2 medium size Granny Smith or other tart apples
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp dried currants
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Wash and core apples. Do not peel. Dice apples into bite size pieces and put in large salad bowl, add lime juice and pinch of salt and toss well.
- Add currants, cranberries, honey, and yogurt to the bowl and toss to coat well.
- Put walnuts in a small, dry (no oil) skillet over medium heat and toast lightly, just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the toasted nuts to the salad and serve immediately.
Image credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.