Thanksgiving has passed and Christmas is on its way… Can it really be December 1st?. Here is a wonderful tasty recipe to put in your holiday menu idea file. This ham recipe seems to take the usual Christmas ham and step it up a couple of notches. I know we are having ham at some point over the holiday and I am sure this recipe is on the list.
- 1 (5 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix water and orange juice together in a bowl.
- Pour orange juice and water in bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Place the ham on a roasting rack in roasting pan.
- Blend together apricot preserves and Dijon mustard in a small mixing bowl.
- Score the ham with shallow criss cross cuts.
- Spread preserves mixture over the whole ham.
- Gently pat brown sugar over the top of the preserve mixture.
- Bake approximately 1½ hours or until ham is heated thoroughly.
- You may need to add a ½ to 1 cup of the orange juice/water to the pan as your ham cooks and the liquid evaporates.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.