While it’s a very basic recipe, new cooks need to start somewhere. This recipe is a no fail. You can add some sage or poultry seasoning to the melted butter for a little bit of spice but it’s really not necessary for an amazing turkey.
Once you have this recipe mastered then you’ll be able to get creative. Instead of basting the turkey, try combining butter with fresh herbs and then smear between the skin and the bird. You can brine the turkey and you won’t be adding any additional fat to your main dish.
- A turkey - size depends on your needs
- Melted butter
- Seasonings of choice
- 1 cup water
- Brush your turkey with melted butter and seasonings
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of the roasting pan to help collect pan juices.
- Cover turkey with foil.
- Place in a 350 (F) degree oven
- Baste your turkey every half hour or so
- About half way through, flip your turkey to ensure browning on both sides.
- Cook to an internal temperature to 165 (F) degrees.
- Let stand 15-20 mins. before carving
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.