Here is a super easy recipe you can pull together in just minutes using your Instant Pot, or put in your slow cooker and let it simmer all day – Your choice. I LOVE having choices and I sure am loving my Instant Pot! It makes getting dinner on the table really quick and easy. If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, this soup freezes well. I have made it three times this winter and none has made it to the freezer yet, but we are nice and warm and happy.
If you like this recipe, stay tuned for more! I will be posting at least 2 recipes each month during 2018 that you can make in your Instant Pot. If you have a favorite recipe you want me to convert for the Instant Pot, drop me a line in the comments below. If your recipe is chosen, you could win your very own new Instant Pot. Yep! On December 2018 I will take all the recipes that we have converted and randomly choose one winner to receive a new Instant Pot so get your recipe requests in now!
- 1/2 Tbls. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Ham
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Carrot
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 19 oz. cans Cannellini Beans, Undrained
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbls. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Slight Tbls. Dry Sherry (not cooking sherry) Optional
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- Remove lid from your Instant Pot and check that seal is in place. Press "Saute". When display reads "HOT" add olive oil and ham. Saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add water, broth, undrained beans and bay leaves. Hit "Cancel".
- Close the lid and make sure that valve is on "Sealing".
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- When it is finished cooking, Natural Release for 1 minute and then Quick Release the rest of the pressure.
- Hit cancel and remove the lid.
- Stir in dry sherry, parsley and pepper. Remove bay leaves and discard. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Adjust seasoning if desired.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.