For the last 30 minutes of cooking I like to add in a small package of frozen peas and diced carrots. Then serve with rice.
Again, these are ingredients in your pantry and fridge already. Nothing fancy about it but the flavor is amazing. Not to mention if you get a roast on sale then you have a very inexpensive dish.
- 3 lb. boneless pork roast
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
- dash ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put pork roast in a glass bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, then pour over pork roast; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, put pork roast in crockpot, and pour marinade over.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove pork roast to platter and spoon sauce over when serving.
Image credit Br3nda
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.