Who doesn’t love a good burger? Sometimes it’s a nice change to switch them up a little bit. This is an inexpensive way to serve an old favorite with a little flash. Sprinkle each burger with a little fresh basil if you wish to give it just a little more Italian flavor.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup favorite pasta sauce, don't use a meat sauce
- 8oz mozzarella cheese, cut in thick slices
- 2 kaiser rolls or heavy duty round rolls of your choice
- Allow the broiler to preheat.
- In a small bowl combine meat, bread crumbs and seasoning.
- Shape the beef into four equal size patties.
- In a saucepan heat the pasta sauce over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Place the patties on an unheated broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and broil an additional 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the patties and lay the buns, open side up on the pan.
- Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place the burgers on each of the toasted buns.
- Spoon sauce over all four patties.
- Layer cheese evenly over the patties.
- Return the burger to the broiler for 1 minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Spoon extra sauce on burger as desired.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.