Whether you are making these up for a party or just decided to have an impromptu party on your own. Grab some potatoes to roast up and get to grubbing.
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Zest the orange into a large glass bowl, then cut the orange in half and juice it into the bowl. Whisk in the ginger, garlic, jerk seasoning, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Add the chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover bowl with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, stirring a few times to make sure wings all spend time in the marinade.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump the wings along with the jerk marinade into a large baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven (leave oven on) and pour marinade juices out of pan and into a pot; return wings to oven and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes more or until chicken wings are thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the brown sugar to the saucepan with the liquid in it and put over low heat. Stir together and simmer slowly until mixture thickens.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from oven and pour the thickened sauce over and toss to coat. Dump wings onto platter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Photo credit: Naotake Murayama
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.