Yes, something new here for you all. I’m joining in the Just in Time Family Meal Planning challenge at my friend Noel’s blog. For the next 6 weeks I’m going to work hard at showing what my weekly meal plan will look like.
This menu challenge happened at a good time. We had a big snow/ice storm a couple of weeks ago and the power was out for a few days. It came back on in the middle of it for about 10 hours so it kept everything in the freezers cold and frozen, but I want to use up all the food that is in there just to be safe. I’m not doing my usual freezer cooking but more of that will start happening next week for sure. My freezers are looking so bare! Ahh, it kind of creeps me out.
This also means we are eating a ton more beef than we normally do as you’ll see on the menu plans. Since I can’t eat very many cuts of beef (almost none) this means I’ll be doing some double duty for cooking meals. Good thing I have a little more time to play with food this week.
I’d planned on getting this done Monday morning but obviously that didn’t happen. So some of the meals already happened but I want to keep to a Monday to Sunday schedule with the posts so that is what I’m going to start with.
Menu Plan for week of January 30-February 5
- Monday – We had Selby burgers. No recipe for these, they are just huge burgers that require a sturdy bun to eat. Like a kaiser roll or a hoagie roll. I turned a leftover chicken breast into a sandwich for myself instead.
- Tuesday – Cheesesteak sandwiches and side salads. Since I was working on this post I got pictures while cooking last night and wrote the recipe out for you. 🙂
- Wednesday – Golden Mushroom Beef Stroganoff, side salads and homemade crusty French bread.
- Thursday – Tofu stir fry w/yakisoba noodles. Recipe will be coming. I think I’ve actually started a post in draft a few months ago.
- Friday – Cowboy Bake (from week 16 of the menu plan) and side salads.
- Saturday – This day is up in the air. We have sub-regionals at our school for wrestling on Friday and Saturday. Plus it’s my bday. No idea when we’ll get done and I don’t know if I’ll want to go out to dinner lol OR we may be so tired we come home and just do leftovers.
- Sunday – Food football stadium. This is my son’s bday AND the super bowl of course. We are excited to build a big food stadium for our lunch and dinner. It’s all planned out and you better believe I’ll post about it. Whether it works or not.
Next week I hope to get some breakfasts in the mix for you as well. Plus I’ll get an inventory of the meat left to use and get some meals planned out for my freezer.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.