Barely squeeking this in today. Being away on a trip with friends took the force out of the blogging sale. Mondays are not a day for me to catch up online because they always seem to be loaded with offline stuff for the family and myself.
Thankfully, I have some single portioned foods in the freezer that I was able to pull out. Son and I are off to his track banquet.
I don’t have a picture for you because I was lucky to get this out today. I’m addicted to the new quinoa trend and always on the look out for new recipes to use it in. It’s a great source of fiber and high in protein as well.
The topic for today is “Beans and veggies, what’s your vegetarian dish that still has protein?” If you have a great vegetarian recipe that includes protein then link it below in a comment or let me know what foodie article you wrote today.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- fresh parsley or thyme
- 1 cup sweet onions, finely chopped
- 10 sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown.
- At the same time, put oats, beans, and 1/2 cup water in a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Combine mushrooms, quinoa, peas, bean mixture, parsley, tomatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer this mixture to a prepared loaf pan and gently press and shape evenly, with a slight bulge in the middle.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Let the loaf cool for around 10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.