During the summer a lot of last minute get togethers can happen. This dip is quick and easy to make. Better yet, you usually have the ingredients on hand. With only 30-60 minutes of set up time you can create the dip even when they walk through the door and have a nice appetizer ready around the time the first drinks are getting sipped.
- 1 ripe peeled, pitted, mashed avocado
- 1 c. of PACE picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ medium chopped tomato
- ½ c. thinly sliced ripe olives
- ¾ c. of sour cream
- ½ c. of shredded cheddar or Monterey-jack cheese
- Mix together avacado, 2 tablespoons of PACE picante sauce, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir in tomato and evenly spoon onto the bottom of a shallow 1-quart clear glass bowl, preferably one with straight side.
- Top with olives, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- To serve, put sour cream evenly on top of the olives.
- Spoon the remaining PACE picante sauce over the sour cream and sprinkle with cheese.
Photo credit: cuttlefish
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.