Last time I did the cook easy foodie blogger challenge I wrote about this topic. The topic was my favorite kitchen appliance but that’s also the one that gets used the most. No surprise, it’s my crock pot.
So instead of posting more about my crock pot and how much I use it. I’ll give you a slow cooker recipe perfect for warmer weather.
I sent this dish with hubby for our annual camping trip last year. It was literally something I threw together. I knew it came out well, but I didn’t know how well. I originally was worried I’d overcooked it but that turned out not to be the case at all. It was awesome and there weren’t any leftovers by the time I got there the next day. lol
- 2 (15oz cans) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz can) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken or pork
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 Tbsp mustard
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients in large slow cooker.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.