I love pancakes for much more than one reason. Let me list just a few here for you and see if you have the same love.
1. Easy to make.
2. Easy to adapt before cooking and after so you have very different tastes.
3. Can cook one morning on the weekend and freeze for so many breakfasts!
I’ll admit that reason number 3 is actually my first reason for the love of pancakes since I’m a Momma. I make up the pancakes on Saturday or Sunday morning and make a huge batch. I let them cool and put the one’s we don’t eat into freezer bags to eat all week. Or if I felt extra ambitious, I’m making up many batches to freeze for the month.
I personally keep them at a smaller size so it’s easier to hit anyone’s portion they prefer in the morning. I’d say ours are usually around 2.5 to 3 inches wide. For reheating I set them in our toaster oven for a really quick toast. Some may be ok for microwaving them, but I don’t like them to get soggy like that.
Easy Pancake Recipe
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium high.
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Add in egg, milk and vegetable oil, stirring until wet. Mixture should end up slightly lumpy.
4. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter on skillet. As many times as your skillet or griddle will hold without the pancakes touching and leaving room to be able to flip them.
5. Pancakes are ready to flip when you see many bubbles popping on the surface. Flip and cook for another minute, the second side doesn’t take as long to cook. Both sides should be a nice golden brown.
Flavored syrups and fresh fruit and berries abound to make these incredibly easy pancakes taste decadent!
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.