I came up with this recipe completely by accident. Happily so! For those of us that can’t have dairy, you should have all the ingredients on hand. Tweak the spices and herbs to your flavor. I recommend letting it sit in fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
To turn it into a thinner salad dressing, just add a few splashes of soy, rice or almond milk and stir well.
Before I added too much dill to mine, this dip tasted remarkably like a fake ranch. HEAVEN for those of us that were ranchaholics before coming up with dairy issues.
- ½ cup soy sour cream
- ½ cup mayo (can use vegannaise if preferred)
- 6 medium-large sized fresh basil leaves, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- ½ Tbsp finely diced fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine well. Whisk works better than a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- -3 hours is much better for flavors to meld.
- Use in place of ranch on your salads, in meals or as a dip.
Never worry about what's for dinner again. I've got you covered with the meal plans in the Once a Week Cooking Club. Cook once, eat all week.
Please be aware that some links used are to affiliates. They are almost always to products I use and love.